Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Forgiveness and resentment

  I wrote a post back in 2011 titled "Forgiveness and Resentment". I never posted it. It has become my own little reminder of who I want to be. In it I discuss how messed up people are and how easy resentment can fester. I am a champion, a king if you will, of resentments. 

  But it is getting easier to give grace. Allowing space for others to flourish sometimes hurts, but its better than the alternative.

  I dunno, I just read that only post again. It made me nostalgic for where I was. At the time, my mom was going thru divorce. I would stop by her house a couple times a week and we would walk and talk. Those talks helped deliver me. It formed a bond with Momma. I marvel at how wonderful those times were. What a gift.

  I forget how beautiful the path I have walked is. The valleys and mountains make for a tremendous backdrop for the man I am becoming. Its OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment