Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Paradise City

  Cruising thru Tacoma, radio blaring, and blam-o GnR comes on with Paradise City. Its a great tune to rock out to. The city lights reflect off the other cars and I am just certain they are listening to The same tune. The banshee yells of Axl seem to be in tune to the hum of my truck. I am mesmerized.

  Its not like I particularly care for for the lyrics of the song. I am not sure even what they are! The song just takes me back to highschool. Lonely nights on forbidden roads wondering just how much trouble I would be in when I finally did go home. Now its 2am, I am on similar roads, the music is cranked,  nobody is expecting me home, or wondering if I am safe.

  The irony is that there is a place called Paradise City and its not to far away. Just down the road and up a little hill called Raineer and you find that little city. I don't know if I have ever been there, but I do want to go.

  I like rock and roll on night drives thru the city. Looking at the city all lit up lends itself to a guitar solo. Much in the same way a cow and barn don't! I enjoy these times.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment