Saturday, February 22, 2014

Partaking

  Its been a beauty couple of weeks. Without going into specifics, on February the sixth, I witness someone reach out with compassion and grace towards the person who hurt them. Gratitude. Oh so grateful. Its good to observe someone begin forgiving the person who hurt them. When you are the one who did the hurting.....its overwhelming.

  This sparked off a few days of unmitigated joy. I even called up some close friends and left them messages of how well I was doing. It is important for close friends to hear all the stuff, even the good stuff.

  One might worry that relying upon someone else to provide your joy is potentially harmful. That's a valid concern. That's what makes this time so much the better. Its not reliance, its partaking. Partaking in the love offered.

  This journey has been one of finding myself and not flinching. Its one of taking the hard look at the dark stuff and finding comfort. And so, I was complete before all this happened.

  AND IT HAPPENED!!!!

  OK, it began.

  But I can not put exclamation marks behind "it happened". So there!

  At any rate, the last couple weeks were euphoric and I am excited to see where this next fork in the journey goes. There are many incredible things (and tragic) up ahead, I plan to be in attendance at all of them. Its all part of being a sojourner.

No comments:

Post a Comment