Saturday, January 17, 2015

Made it thru!

  It's been a few weeks since my last update. So here is a partial list of everything that has happened:

Grandpa Chuck passed away
Sister and nephews visited
Dad in and out of hospital
New (to me) truck
First holidays being single....in over 19 years

  Ok, the last one is a stretch. We have been separated for a while, but bear with me, it was different this holiday season. I was free!!!! I'm gonna spend some more time being free, perhaps quite a bit. Sorry ladies, you can totally mess me up. I enjoy being messy. Nuff said!

  Grandpa Chuck passed away. This makes me sad. I was pondering the idea of writing him and starting a relationship with him, but I acted too slowly. Sorry Grandpa.

  It's strange how I never knew either of my grandpa's. Oh sure they were dysfunctional, but not in any ways that I'm not familiar with. I mean, I'm a messed up dude, we should have gotten along swell!

  Life is certainly fragile and temporary. I'm so grateful to be living and not just existing. I'm glad I can connect with more people. I need to connect more with people I have lost track of. Or, at the very least, be willing to reach out when the opportunity arises.

  Dad and I continue to lock horns and give hugs. Now, when I finish visiting him, I've started telling him I love him and kissing him on the forehead. He is super uncomfortable and awkward when I do. He puts out his hand for a shake, I ignore the hand, it's fun. He isn't quite sure how to manage physical affection. I love watching him squirm. I love watching his eyes well up. I guess I've figured out how to cuddle with a porcupine.

  Seeing my sister and nephews was great. I hadn't seen the nephews in something like 12 years. Far too long. So we hung out. We went off roading in the truck! That was super fun. I'm hoping to get to stay in contact with them more. I have their numbers. I suppose I better call. I should have called by now. Damn it! Feeling a little conviction just writing this. Bummer.

   I got another Dodge diesel truck! Screw that last paragraph, this one's bound to be more fun! Oh man, that truck is sweet. I had one six years ago that I lost to alcoholism. It is a gift to myself to have another one. This truck is meaner and more powerful than the last one!

  It feels great to have given myself a new toy. It does the offroad thing quite well. It's more truck than I am driver! The thing can tow 20000 lbs. That's a bunch of lbs! I know it's no econo car, but I am getting about 20 miles per gallon in the beast! I did get a Prius stuck in the air filter the other day. That caused a bit of stress! I♡my diesel!

  So there it is, all caught up and ready to start blogging again. Hope your holidays were fun and the visits rewarding.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment