Sunday, October 28, 2012

Slow down

  I just heard a story about soldiers dying at an alarming rate while storming into rooms. This close quarters combat issue evidently came down to soldiers rushing into a room too quickly, not being able to fully assess the surroundings, and thus being vulnerable to attack.

  To solve this situation the army adopted a new strategy. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

  That concept is so simple! I find myself applying it to more and more situations. In recovery taking your time and doing it smoothly seems so slow. Yet, people with more time and serenity say, "Relax, if you rush you will fail".

  I am gonna try and slow down. The pace should be set by God and I should just let him lead. I wish He would hurry up!
 
Ecclesiastes 7:8
Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment