Tuesday, November 12, 2013

My Mom

  Happy birthday Mom.

  If you are reading this, then you likely know her. You certainly would know about her compassionate heart, her incredible intellect, and her stunning beauty.

  Her compassionate heart has lifted me thru many troubling days. I remember once that I had skinned my knees. She directed me towards the bathroom and proceeded to wash out my wounds. Trouble is, we only had rubbing alcohol. Yowza! It hurt, but she tried, and that's what really counts.

  She upset lots of people in school by wrecking the curve. She excells in anything she wants to excel in. I have never know her to be snooty about her education. She is bright, humble, and overwhelmingly talented.

  She struggles to think of herself as beautiful. But I see the way dudes look at her. She can get all dolled up and go men-bowling. Set em up and knock em down!

  She has a special place in my heart today. We have spent countless hours chattering about life. I completely enjoy every blessed moment I get to be around her.

  In some of the darkest times in my life she reached out to me. We can speak openly about the tough stuff. We laugh and cry together.

  She chose to move to Spokane and I have been especially blessed. Before she moved here I would visit her while in California. Amazingly, my job allowed me to visit almost every week. When work isolated me to just the northwest, it happened to be just before she was planning on moving up. Now I still see her once a week. Sometimes more!

  If you were to peruse the bible and seek out what a godly woman looks like, pay close attention, she is my mom. God created a princess and made her my mom.

  Thank you mom for loving me. Thank you for knowing how messed up I am, and yet still believing in me. I hope you have a great birthday. The world is much brighter because of you.

  I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment