Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving

  Is this blog really going to fall into the cliché of the season? Am I going to wax eloquently about the need to give thanks? Perhaps a specific list of all the things I am grateful for? How about a rewrite of history explaining how my ancestors messed everything up? Maybe a dissertation on the finer points of turkey carving?!

  For explanations of all that, look elsewhere. All those are fun topics and I love writing on them. But I don't feel like going over territory already conquered. I feel like shattering the rules, going against the mainstream, being a rebel!

  How exactly does one rebel at Thanksgiving?

  Unfortunately I have no idea how. I have a pent up explosive streak that wants an outlet. Mayhem and chaos are my virtues. I don't want to hurt anyone, but I don't want to be mundane.

  So that is my quest. To find a place to vent. A place to cut loose and rock out. Hey yeah....Maybe a concert! Some strum bum thrashing out some good licks! Booyah! Now we are talking!

  Whatever this Thanksgiving has in store for you, I hope its great. We have an incredible freedom and flexibility to celebrate just how we choose. Make provisions for others to feel comfortable and then have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment