Saturday, October 18, 2014

Foggy

  That time of year has come again, the fog! Usually it starts around Ellensburg and doesn't let up until after Moses Lake, but sometimes it extends all the way from Snoqualmie pass clear to Spokane.

  I suppose most don't like the fog. It makes your nerves rattle and your trip harder. I think that's why I like it! I am on high alert. Adrenaline.......oh how I love thee!

  When the fog starts freezing.....now that's when its really fun!

  I'm no sadist. I like driving in nice weather on a sunny day. But if you need to run at night, I prefer to mix it up with rough weather. Makes the drive go by faster. Also, you tend to not get drowsy!

  The freezing fog starts. The wipers start to clog up with ice. The defrost can't keep up. Your face is boiling from heat. All you can see is thru two small holes right above the defrost vents.

  Eventually you give up on the wipers figuring they aren't helping. Turns out they were, but now you can even get the windshield back to what it was mere moments ago.  You roll the window down to try and time the wipers to give them a "slap". That works! Then in a few miles they are clogged again.

  I am totally cut out to drive this truck. I have the perfect mixture of skill and stupidity! I'm just glad that I have this job. Sure I miss out on some things, but I feel blessed to do a job I enjoy.

  Bring it on old man winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment