Sunday, September 11, 2011

Extra pay

  What everyone loves is a bit of extra pay. It seems like manna from heaven.  So, when I had an opportunity to earn a little extra this morning, I thought "Yipee this is great!" 

  In order to earn my extra pay, I would have to unload my truck myself and "create" a receipt for the lumper. Then I could cash the check for the lumper. All cash. No taxes. $175 for 3 hours work, right now. Oooh it is so tempting.

  I actually entertained this idea for a few minutes. There is plenty I could use the extra money for. I most likely would never get caught by my company or the IRS. Why then should I not?

  I would get caught by my heavenly boss. God himself says that I should love him above money. This money, although big in my world, is nothing to him. I stand on the principles of Gods holy word today. My conscience bears witness to the truth.

  It is never easy. The alternative is darkness and I am afraid of the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment