Friday, September 9, 2011

Fruit pizza

  My wife just posted a new profile picture on Facebook and it is of a fruit pizza. Yummo! Oh the fond memories that photo reminded me of!

  The setting is summer time in my childhood. Every summer would include a trip to the Northwest. It was on one of these vacations I met this incredible food. The fruit pizza was destined to become one of my favorite foods.

  But this is no ordinary dessert or snack. The fruit pizza bursts forth with bright colors and vivid flavors. In some ways it is like a fruit pie minus the pan or oven. I suppose there could rage a debate amongst fruit pie versus fruit pizza. Much like the debate about Chicago and New York style pizza.

  For me, there isn't any debate. I love fruit pie. It is great for dessert most any time of the year. It tugs at the heartstrings of a bygone era and leaves me celebrating and mourning the passage of my youth.

  These feelings are further developed when I remember my wife making her first fruit pizza. I had explained the phenomena to her and with a license agreement from my grandma my wife made the delectible pizza. It was so beautiful we almost didn't eat it!

  The fruit pizza has the perfect blend of sweet, sour, tart, and crunch. The variations of fruit that can be used is endless, so the pleasure is limitless. Like many great foods, fruit pizza is so good that it is seldom made. It isn't brought out for specific occasions, but when created it always is a crowd favorite. One needn't have a degree in cooking to create a great fruit pizza, just some simple ingredients and some imagination.

  Hmm, I need a snack. Got any ideas?


No comments:

Post a Comment