Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Observations

  Today I intentionally tried observing things. This is becoming more and more common for me. I am not a person who naturally thinks about what I am seeing.

  So tonight I observed snowmen sitting in windows. I was attending a support group and began to look around and actively try and observe my surroundings, that's when the snowmen popped up. 

  There was a large (fake) Christmas tree with red ornaments. There was a wreath with a bright red bow in the center top. The curtains on the windows were holly print. 

  However, the cutest things were the snowmen. They sat on the window ledges looking out, well, one was looking in (rebel snowman!). There were five windows, each with its own snowman. The snowmen were stuffed crochet. They had beady little black eyes. They had on red sweaters. They weren't the traditional three stage type. These just had a belly and head, kind of white weeble wobble snowmen, only they didn't webble or wobble.

  I was called on to share. I commented on my desire to be more observant. I mentioned the snowmen. Everyone looked at the windows. I could tell they hadn't noticed them. They, like me, tend to go thru life and never truly look around. I sure miss out on a lot of wonderful blessings because I fail to notice the grandeur God has provided. Keep on looking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment