Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

  I am looking out at a landscape lightly dusted by snow. The hustle and bustle of the season seems to have taken a lull.

People are perhaps in church singing familiar carols. They are expressing what God gave them that first Christmas so long ago.

  Families are preparing for a meal. They are hoping old arguments (or new ones) won't be visiting this year.

  Loners and outcasts are wondering what happened to all the Christmas joy they heard so much about. They wonder just how this season should actually work. Perhaps they are bitter. Most likely they are hurting. 

  For me, this is a very special Christmas. God has sewn up my broken heart. There are many things I wish I could do today, yet God has given me great things I can do.

  I approach today full of strength. Oh no, my friend, not mine by Gods. I am on this journey of life knowing that my GPS works perfect (Gods Provisioning Spirit). I shall not get lost.

  Joseph and Mary began their journey to Bethlehem with great valor and courage. They had been asked of God to set apart their lives and bring The Saviour into the word. No small task to be sure.

  Amid the birthing scene were plenty of dumb beasts. It was a stable after all. I am happy to proclaim that I am also a dumb beast that marvels at God coming into human life. Praise God!

  Amazingly God has sent shepards into my life, just as he sent them to Mary and Joseph. They had heard the message of salvation and brought it to me. Destitute of anything good in my life Jesus has brought joy and peace into this wretched sinner.

  So, why do I wish you a merry Christmas? Because God desired me one. Celebrate this Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment