Monday, December 12, 2011

A "changing" phone call

  My former pastor used to speak about life changing events. He would explain that, at any moment, a phone call could come in and the rest of your life would be different. These past seventeen months have been one phone call after another.

  Truth be told, I didn't really understand what he was talking about at the time. I couldn't grasp how life changing a few moments could be.

  I had such a phone call again, about two hours ago. A huge, thick, fog decended on my mind.

  I won't share what the phone call was about. Rather, I will try and walk thru the emotions in this blog. Perhaps ending with some hope. Ready?

  For a few minutes I was in shock. The feelings of running away came back real fast. The desire to freak out was overwhelming. Using the advice given to me, I began making phone calls.

   At last, someone answered. I explained the developments and listened to their concerns and insights. It really helps just talking it out. When the conversation ended, I began to see a little clearer. The fog was giving way to brilliant rays of light. I dwelt there a little longer and moved on.

  I am expecting a phone call with more clarification tomorrow. That also contributes to my frustration. I can add so much drama to a situation, when I get to invent details.

  I poured myself a bowl of cereal. A lifeless bowl of high fiber and low taste. (why is it those type cereals seem interesting now?)  I am getting old. Wiser? Nope, just older.

  Anyways, I went to pray over the meal. Then it struck me upside my thick brain, why didn't I go to God first? Into my prayer closet I went. I explained the situation to God and gave Him complete reign over the outcomes.

  Folks, this is not normal behavior for me. I was control. I want answers. I want security. Me me me!

  The comfort God gives is quite powerful. Right now, I am calm. My creator loves me and knows how to take care of me. Full clarity restored. The brilliance of Gods love burned off any foggy residuals that were left. Oh the warmth that is felt when you emerge from a bank of fog into full sunlight!

  Perhaps next time I should call God first.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment