Sunday, May 22, 2011

Memorizing

  I am attempting to memorize some verses from the bible.

  My wife has been faithful over the years to memorize bible verses. She has even memorized entire chapters. I was so proud of her when she would say them in church. I was amazed at her desire to learn those sections of the bible.

  I, however, never got into memorizing any verses. I felt a bit of shame when my wife and daughters would get up and share the verses they had learned. I was never there to be any sort of help learning them. I regret not doing what God so clearly wanted me to do.

  Will this be my legacy? Will I be the man who watches others learn and memorize the bible? Will I sit in shame as someone else does something for the Lord that I could be doing? So many questions I could ask.

  But no! This is not who I will be. I will try to be the man whom God has asked me to be. Will I fail? Often. But with God's help, I know He will lead me into the correct path and strengthen me for the journey.

  Here is where I make my stand. I have written the first verse down I am trying to memorize. I have a brother who is also memorizing the same verse. It is such a small step. It feels like I have just begun a powerful journey, a journey that is full of hope and dreams.

  Perhaps ,one day at a time, I will have some verses to be able ro recite. Oh I hope so!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment