Monday, May 30, 2011

Odd day at the truck stop

  Today wasn't going to be that unusual for me. I had dropped my load off at 5 this morning and would be picking up another at 10 tonight.

  After delivering my load I headed for the nearest truck stop to spend my day relaxing and getting a little sleep before the next nights drive.

  At the truck stop I quikly fall asleep until around 11am. I get up have some lunch and figure out what I will do for the next 10 hours or so.

  I read from my bible. I am currently in the Chronicles. I admire David for what he did for the Lord. Yet, there are times I get amazed how bad he can blow it. So, he was a human guy, I like that about him. 

  I play some games on my phone. Spend a little time listening to the talking heads on the radio.

  So far a fairly typical day in a truck stop. Then I began to notice some unusual happenings.

  There were a few more fellows out of their trucks than usual. Normally you will see a couple guys talking for a bit but never as many as today. I went around the lot and saw more out talking. There was a dad throwing a foam football to his kid. There were people of all sorts of kinds out of their trucks. 

  This was an awesome sight to see. Today was Memorial Day and the truckers were relaxing together.

  This gives me hope thinking back on the day. I am a loner. Most truckers are. I am one who never fit in and never felt comfortable around crowds. Why be alone in a crowd when you can be truly alone and have no worries?

  I won't try and drag some deep spiritual revelation out of today. I was just pleased to see truckers getting out of the cab and talking. So often all I want to do is crawl inside and be alone. It was very refreshing and I think I may try it again.

  In a short while I will drive off towards Spokane. Most likely the road will be fairly empty. I will be a loner again cruising to the music grateful I get to be with people again when I get to Spokane.

No comments:

Post a Comment