Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Magnetic trucks

  I have observed that trucks like parking in pairs. If I park my truck all by itself, in inevitably ends up with a friend right in the next parking spot.

  This was today most obvious. I parked towards the end in a huge rest stop. This rest stop could likely park 100 trucks. I parked in the area that had 10 or more spots open on my left and the final 3 spots on my right. Soon after I parked another truck came in and parked right next to my truck. None of the other spots ever got filled.

  What causes this phenomena? What draws trucks together in such ways?

  I know this isn't limited to trucks. On one occasion I went to see a movie with a friend. The theatre was empty. It was one of the theatres that had a wide center area of seats and rows of seating on either side. We took a side row assuring ourselves that nobody would bother us. The next people who came in sat in the seats right in front of us. No kidding! We got up and moved. I wonder if they ever figured out what happened.

  When the pundits joke about us being sheep there is a lot of truth in that phrase. I'm not even trying to be deep here. The average schmo (long o) simply likes to be next to others.  

  I have watched truckers struggle with backing their truck in right next to another truck. The rest of the parking lot is available but they have a need to be close. How sweet of them!

  I am not really bothered that much about this. It is just a funny observation. How many times have you seen people coagulate when they don't need to? Funny huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment