Monday, June 13, 2011

An idea that stuck

  What do you do when you have an idea or thought that sticks in your mind? Perhaps you are trying to sleep or are working on other tasks. But you have this item on your mind and it won't let go.

  I have found that reading is a good way to change my thinking. A good book is a sure way to get better thoughts.

  Sometimes I read spiritual books and other times I read novels. Either way is sure to do the trick.

  I will read sometimes until I can't hold my eyes open. I don't retain much of what I read, when I read this way, but I go to sleep with better thoughts.

  Stinking thinking is deadly. When I am alone in my thoughts, I am with a killer. No fooling!

  God has shown me many tricks to help out my messed up mind. Just thinking my way out of it doesn't work. I must get input from other sources in order to have proper thinking.

  That reminds me. Someone once taught me about polar bears. The cute ones in the coke commercials. The way they smile is so cute. Fuzzy polar bears. Who can worry about anything, if those fellas are around?

  I put that last paragraph in to demonstrate the power of thought change. Maybe all you will remember from this blog is those cute, fuzzy, silly, coke drinking polar bears. And that would be a good thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment