Monday, June 20, 2011

The second sock

  Have you ever walked a little distance to have a shower? Perhaps you are at a camp or, like me, a truck stop. Did you ever finish that refreshing shower only to discover you only put one clean sock in your bag?

  Clean feet and a dirty sock. So what do you do? Do you put the clean one on and replace the other one as soon as possible? Or do you go all the way and put both dirty ones on until you can get both replaced?

  There is nothing like the feeling of being clean and putting on dirty, crusty, sticky, and smelly old socks.

  Out of sheer laziness I stopped matching up my clean socks. I would dump them all in a box and fish out a clean pair when I needed. I forget to grab sock number two sometimes and I don't pair them up for ease of use.
  You would think I would get better at making sure I had that infamous second sock. Or perhaps I would start matching them up when I wash them. Fat chance!

  I have a profound difficulty remembering to not be lazy. I am sure that one of these days I will be more diligent when doing laundry.

  For me, I put both dirty socks on. It's nasty! I walk back to my truck and swap out.

  I suppose this could be a metaphor for walking with the Lord. He cleaned me perfectly at salvation then I proceeded to put back on the filthy rags of my own righteousness. Whoa! That's deep stuff!

  By the way, I am just remembering what happens sometimes when I shower. I had a clean pair this time!
No really, I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment