Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Soundtrack for life

  Lately I wish I had a soundtrack for my life. Kind of like in the movies where scenes are punctuated by songs. What would Rocky be without "Eye of the tiger"?

  I imagine what this would be like. I have theme music running in my mind constantly. And not just obvious stuff, truly odd songs sometimes.

  Like the song by Supertramp called "Godzilla". I had this running in my mind while combating traffic. Ironic? Nah, stomping on Tokyo is totally normal to think about while in LA traffic.

  How about Kajagoogoo and their song "The Never Ending story". I think about this song when I miss being young. I loved that movie! I know you are saying, who is that band and how do you say their name? I ain't even gonna try to spell it fa-net-ick-ly for you ;-).  The other song they sing is called "Too Shy" and I always think of my bride when it plays. She's kinda shyish.  

  The thought I am attempting to get across is, I like how music sets the mood. And I wish I could import it into scenes in my life.

  I guess people download huge volumes of music and play what they want on their Ipods. I like that idea but its not very likely that I will do it.

  So what happens is, I go on utube for songs that I think up and then I can rock out. I do get goofy sometimes on my picks but hey, why not?

  I don't even know the lyrics to some of the songs. Most likely they involve animal sacrifice, witchcraft or something awful. That will make me appear like a dufus devil man for liking them. 

  Ok. One more theme song. Eddie Money sings a song called "I want to go back". This song is one of those salty sad songs used on those lonely night drives when I am in an Eeyore mood. I can't tell you how many times I have played that one. Its Tiggerrific!

  I suppose this brings my idea about theme music to "The End Of The Line" - Traveling Wilburys (hah got one more in!)

  Have fun with the songs, if you look them up. I am sure you have songs that jump into your mind as well. Now you have more!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment