Friday, June 3, 2011

Let down

Today I am worried about my friend. We talked about salvation. We talked about repentance. We talked about sin. We talked about motivation for a sinner.

  He rapidly lost interest. He debated the basic beliefs of salvation. Does this concern me? Yes, very much so.

  I worry about his salvation. I am concerned because of his reaction to Biblical salvation.

  We watched a video that talked about what motivates a sinner to receive salvation.

  The video explains how people who are motivated for the wrong reasons can become disillusioned with God and even reject Him. Let me compare.

  Do we tell people that God will give them happiness, joy, good marriages, better jobs, and many other great things? Jesus will be your best friend kind of stuff.

  Or do we show them the condition of themselves. Do we teach them the law in an effort for them to awaken to the need of a saviour?

  You see, the two items are not the same. One tells people life gets better if you know Jesus. The other shows people about judgement and begs them to turn from their sins and trust in Jesus. 

  If the "Life gets better with Jesus" message is true, what will happen if it doesn't?

  If the "Turn from your sins and trust in Jesus" message is true, what will happen if life still has problems?

  Please understand what is being said. Jesus can bring good things like peace, joy and happiness. Those are not the reasons for seeking Him. We seek Him because we are broken. When we seek Him out of a broken spirit, He does bring us comfort. 

  So, my friend wasn't able to keep watching. I don't know why. I worry some when he didn't show an interest.

  Can I question his salvation? No, not really. He may be having other issues that have his attention. But it breaks my heart a little.

  I have been talking to him for weeks about watching the shows. Right now I am saddened that we couldn't watch them. I hope we will someday.

  Yet again, my expectation is premeditated resentment. So, I get to practice love and tolerance, when everything inside me wants to fight. Ah, the joy of the Lord.

  I hope someday I stop putting expectations on others. This crap can kill me. God is starting to open up my eyes to this very important lesson.

  When I started writing this all I wanted to do is complain. I am now aware that I was really harboring a resentment. I feel better now that I see it.

  So, tonight I will keep trudging the road to happy destiny. Why couldn't I be skipping? Ok, maybe a overweight dude shouldn't be skipping! 

  I hope I didn't bum you out. I am not bummed anymore! Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment