Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Little quirks

    Today, I listened to a Wretched Radio podcast from a while ago. Todd explained how he needed to scratch his other foot, if his first foot had been scratched. Just to balance them out.

  I am the same way. Heck, my feet itch just thinking about the problem. I have to have my feet equally annoyed. Guess that explains the earlier "socks" blog.

  This is only one of many quirks in my life. In some ways I can get a little obsessive. In fact, I can obsess over watching other peoples obsessions! 

  I have a brother in law who is obsessive about cleaning stuff (mostly cars). I watched him carry this passion to remarkable lengths. Yet, I witnessed him graciously handle his kids when they scratched the paint. It was an incredible show of love. 

  My Dad doesn't eat leftovers. Never has, so far as I can remember. Yet, sometimes there would be leftover pizza sitting on the stove and he would pick at all the toppings, the next day! I used to pick on him a little about this. He would smile, shrug his shoulders, and get back to picking.

  We all have quirks. Some are annoying. Some are cute. Some are endearing. Some are funky.

  I love quirks. Those little things that aren't right or wrong, just quirky.

  My great grandma used to have a quirky way of talking. She used to tell us how wonderful getting old is. She said that the older she got the easier making an after dinner snack was. She would just cough up a little dinner, chew a bit, swallow, and snack time was finished. I was freaked out! I was so worried that I would see her do it!

  Did she really have reconstituted snacks? Or was she having a little fun at my expense? I don't have any idea. She was quirky and I loved it.

  My bride sneezes whenever she takes Robitusin DM. It happens every time. Its a cute quirk. One of my quirks was to try and tickle her at the right time so she wouldn't sneeze. Another quirk she had was getting upset at me about stuck sneezes.

  Quirks. We all have them. Relax and enjoy them. They are yet another thing that can grow people together.    

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment